If you’re a parent, sedation dentistry may seem too good to be true. Is it really possible for your child to relax in the dentist’s chair, even if they’re anxious about their upcoming appointment? The answer is “yes!”
And while you may be worried that sedation dentistry is unsafe for kids, this couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s totally safe for kids of all ages, and Dr. Mila is an expert in sedation dentistry for kids. In this blog from Miles of Little Smiles, we’ll explain everything you need to know.
Dental Sedation Is 100% Safe For Kids Of All Ages
Sedation dentistry is widely used in patients of all ages, and that includes kids. Even very young children can be sedated safely by pediatric dentists like Dr. Mila Belgrade and Dr. Dikla Chazbani. Complications from sedation are extremely rare, and are very rarely serious.
Dr. Mila and Dr. Dee will take care to make sure your child gets the right dose of sedative, and our team will monitor them closely throughout their procedure. Not only that, but we’ll discuss your child’s health, medical history, medications, and other details with you before they’re approved for treatment. This ensures that they’re 100% healthy, and a good candidate for sedation.
Understanding The Benefits Of Dental Sedation
So, why should you consider dental sedation for your child? Here are just a few of the benefits of choosing sedation from Miles of Little Smiles.
- Reduces fear and anxiety – Dentistry can be scary for kids. But with sedation, their fear and anxiety will melt away. Your child can sit back, relax, and get the care they need without feeling scared, nervous, and intimidated.
- Eliminates discomfort – Along with local numbing, sedation ensures that your child won’t feel any discomfort or pain during their treatment. This makes the experience easier on both you and your child.
- Inhibits gag reflex – Kids often have strong gag reflexes, which can make it difficult to operate on their rear teeth. Sedation impairs the gag reflex and helps them stay comfortable.
- Helps with fear of needles – Many children are afraid of numbing needles. But sedation makes it easier for them to get the numbing injections they need during their appointment.
- Keeps kids calm and still – With sedation, even the most active kids will stay calm and still throughout their appointment. This means their dentist can work more quickly and provide better overall levels of care.
Interested In Sedation Dentistry For Kids? Schedule Your Appointment Today!
As a board-certified pediatric dentist, Dr. Mila Belgrade and Dr. Dikla Chazbani are here to help your little ones get the care they need. If your child is anxious about dental care, sedation dentistry in Westchester from Miles Of Little Smiles may be right for them.
We offer both laughing gas sedation and IV sedation for kids. To learn more, schedule an appointment, and see which type of sedation is right for your child, schedule an appointment at our office. You can contact us online or give us a call at (914) 949-6655.